The Ultimate Guide to Making the Perfect Juicy Jerk Pizza: On a homemade pizza crust, tender pieces of chicken thighs that have been marinated in jerk seasoning, onion, red peppers, pineapple, bacon, and the most incredible pizza sauce that is inspired by Jamaican jerk cuisine are layered to create jerk chicken pizza.
There was a serious threat to the existence of this Jamaican Jerk Chicken Pizza before the chicken was even added to the pizza. After just one mouthful, I couldn’t help but get starry-eyed. But, fortunately, I was able to exert some control over myself.
The Ultimate Guide to Making the Perfect Juicy Jerk Pizza
This Caribbean jerk pizza is simply unrivalled in quality. This is some good stuff, guys; it’s got some juicy and flavourful chicken, some sweet red peppers, some spicy and creamy jerk-style pizza sauce, bacon and some pineapple for added sweetness.
Between the two of us, we managed to consume the entirety of it. It was that satisfying. I am absolutely saving the combination of savory, sweet, and hot flavors in all of the flavors. In addition to this, it is very simple to prepare, which is always a plus in my book.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE THIS RECIPE
- It is ridiculously simple to make homemade pizza dough with Rapid Rise Yeast, and there is no substitute for homemade pizza dough.
- After being coated in a flavourful marinade, chicken thighs are grilled to a juicy and flavourful state of perfection.
- The jerk seasoning and a combination of sweet and savory flavors, along with cream, are blended together to make the pizza sauce.
- The ideal pizza would have elements of all three flavors: sweet, spicy, and savory.
THE COMPONENTS INVOLVED
After being grilled or broiled, chicken thighs that have been marinated in a jerk-style marinade are then diced. This, along with sliced red onions, pineapple, red pepper, and bacon, is sprinkled on top of homemade pizza dough, and then it is baked until it reaches a golden brown perfection.
The pizza’s sauce is made with a combination of Jamaican jerk seasoning, brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, cream, and a habanero pepper for some added heat.
What Exactly Does Jerk Seasoning Entail?
The traditional method of preparing meat in Jamaica involves applying a dry rub seasoned with jerk seasoning, which is a spice blend. It is prepared with a variety of seasonings, some of which include chillies, thyme, garlic, and allspice. This recipe for Jamaican Jerk Seasoning can teach you how to make your own, and it can be found on the Taste and Tell blog.
INSTRUCTIONS THAT ARE EXPLAINED STEP-BY-STEP
- Mix together all of the ingredients for the marinade, then add in the chicken. Place it in the refrigerator for at least six hours, or even the whole night.
- Turn the temperature in the oven up to 425 degrees. Take the chicken out of the refrigerator and cook it on the grill or under the broiler for approximately 4 12 minutes per side, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. After allowing it to cool, dice it into half-inch pieces.
- While the chicken is cooling, place all of the ingredients for the pizza sauce in a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- After spreading the pizza sauce over the dough , add the mozzarella cheese, chicken, crumbled bacon, pineapple, onion, and red pepper to the pizza. If you want more cheese on top, sprinkle some more on there.
- Put it on the rack at the bottom of the oven, and bake it for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown. Slice, then drizzle with freshly squeezed lime juice and garnish with cilantro before serving.
HOW TO MAKE THE CRUST FOR PIZZA
- This recipe for pizza crust was adapted from Bread World. You can find the complete recipe right HERE. In a large bowl, mix together 1 cup of flour, yeast that has not been dissolved, sugar, and salt.
- Oil and water heated to between 120 and 130 degrees Fahrenheit should then be added. Always use a thermometer to check the temperature, and mix everything together for about a minute until it’s completely combined.
- Add the remaining flour in increments, until you have reached the desired consistency for the dough. The dough should be able to be rolled into a ball and will have a slight stickiness.
- Knead on a surface that has been dusted with flour, adding more flour if necessary, until the dough is smooth and elastic, which should take about four minutes. Ten minutes should be allowed for the dough to rest.
- Flour a work surface and roll out the dough to a circle measuring 12 inches in diameter.
- Place in a pizza pan or baking sheet that has been greased. Pinch the dough around the edge of the pan to form a rim.
TRICKS OF THE TRADE
- Before you use the yeast, check the expiration date to make sure it has not passed; using yeast that has passed its expiration date will result in dough that does not rise.
- When you combine the yeast with the water, you want to make sure that the water is warm and NOT HOT. The yeast can be eliminated using hot water.
- Bake the pizza dough on the lowest rack possible to ensure that the crust gets completely baked.
- If you so choose, you can replace the cream in the pizza sauce with yogurt instead.
- You can make the sauce less spicy by omitting the hot pepper, or you can make it hotter by adding another pepper.