The Ultimate Guide to Making the Perfect Cheeseburger Pizza: The Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza is a recipe that combines two classic dishes that are favourites among families. A fun addition to pizza night would be a thin-crust pizza with melted cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce, ground beef, thick-cut bacon, red onion, diced tomatoes, and melted mozzarella cheese.
Check out this post on how to make homemade pizza for step-by-step instructions and recipes for creating pizza at home that is on par with that served in restaurants.
The Ultimate Guide to Making the Perfect Cheeseburger Pizza
Ideas for Cooking Recipes
I really wanted a burger with bacon and cheese because, well, that’s my favorite food group. So there I was, searching through a pile of recipes that had accumulated on the counter for the one that contained the instructions for making my hamburger buns.
I took out the dough machine, poured the ingredients in, and then realised that there were no eggs in the machine before realising that I had just made… Crap, it’s pizza dough—what should I do now? Now that we’ve settled this, I’m going to go wash my hair.
Is it just me, or does it seem like the best time for reflection to be in the shower? Perhaps it’s the steam from the hot water, or the rumble from the exhaust vent, but all of a sudden I have an idea: I’ll make bacon cheeseburger pizza. I already possessed each of the necessary components; all that remained was for me to modify the recipe’s overall structure. The best error in my life!!
Important things you’ll need
- You can’t beat the quality and freshness of pizza dough made from scratch, whether it be American or Italian. You can also purchase dough from the grocery store or the pizza restaurant in your neighbourhood.
- This recipe is given an extra special twist in flavor by the addition of shredded cheddar cheese around the edge of the pizza dough, which gives it a taste that is more reminiscent of a cheeseburger.
- Because barbecue sauce is my go-to topping for burgers, including it on this pizza seemed like a no-brainier to me.
- My go-to flavor combination is bourbon and brown sugar, but really any flavor will do. You are free to use pizza sauce instead, if that is what you prefer, but the barbecue sauce is definitely worth a shot.
- It is possible to make the topping ahead of time using ground beef that has already been cooked and bacon pieces that have been cut into thick slices.
- The “cheeseburger pizza” is made more authentic with the addition of thinly sliced red onion and diced Rome tomato, and mozzarella cheese is the glue that keeps everything together.
- 12 ounces pizza dough
- 0.5 cup cheddar cheese finely shredded
- 0.5 cup barbecue sauce plus more to drizzle
- 6 ounces ground beef
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- .25 cup red onion slices
- 1 large Roma tomato diced
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
How to make pizza with bacon and cheese
- In the hour leading up to baking, position a baking stone in the middle of the oven and preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cooking the bacon in a large skillet after having been cut into pieces measuring 1 inch. Drain on some paper towels, then put it to the side.
- After removing any remaining grease from the bacon, brown the ground beef in the same skillet, breaking it up into large pieces as you go. Remove any excess fat and put it to the side.
- Put the pizza dough on a sheet of parchment paper and pat it out into a circle that is 11 to 12 inches in diameter. cheddar cheese, shredded, should be sprinkled all the way around the plate.
- Cornmeal can also be used as an alternative method to prevent the dough circle from sticking when baking it on a pizza peel or a flat baking sheet.
- Barbecue sauce should be spread around the circumference of the center circle. There is no need to be concerned if some of the shredded cheese is absorbed by the sauce.
- The ground beef and bacon pieces should be sprinkled over the sauce.
- On top of the meat, evenly distribute the sliced onions and tomatoes that have been diced.
- On top of the pizza, sprinkle some mozzarella, as well as any cheddar that may still be left.
- Slide a pizza peel carefully under the parchment paper, and then slide the pizza onto the baking stone that has been preheated. Bake for ten minutes, or until the cheese begins to brown and is bubbling.
- Wait a few minutes before adding more barbecue sauce to the pizza after it has had some time to cool down. Slice into eight equal pieces, and serve.
Notes & Tips on the Recipe
- Cook the bacon just until it is thoroughly cooked, but not until it is extra crispy. In the oven, the bacon will maintain its cooking temperature.
- I started by drizzling some barbecue sauce over the finished pizza by first placing a small amount of sauce in a bag with a zippered top and then snipping off the end of the bag.
- Pizza dough should ideally be worked with when it is at room temperature. If the dough contracts, the temperature may be too low. Try it once more after allowing it to rest for five to ten minutes.